This week, I finally decided to resume work on some of my models that were almost finished or had been sitting half-painted for quite some time. One of them was this Daemon Prince of Khorne, which I started painting a long time ago. However, I realized I didn’t like where I was going with the colour scheme, so I simply stopped working on it and moved on to other models. I knew that at some point I would return to it, once I had figured out which direction I wanted to take it in.
Well, that time finally came, and I am very happy with the progress so far! I completely repainted the wings and one part of the armour. Previously, there was simply too much red: the wings were leathery red, the armour had more red sections, and the model was basically drowning in different shades of red. I don’t think it was a bad paintjob, but overall, the colours bothered me and the model just didn’t look right:
So I took a look at some illustrations and other paintjobs of the same (or similar) model and figured out how I wanted to approach it. This is already much better than it was before. The wings still have plenty of texture, but they are now clearly defined, and since they are predominantly dark, the head and face stand out much more. You can see in the pictures below how the model looks now.
No comments:
Post a Comment